Sterilization Technician-New Midvale Park Tucson Location
Risas Dental and Braces was founded on the principle that proper oral health and treatment is critical to overall health, which is put to action by offering accessible, affordable, convenient and bilingual dental care. Unlike many healthcare options, our goal is to think and speak a language that patients understand. The result is happier, healthier Patients, and better opportunities for our doctors and team members.
The Sterile Processing Technician performs cleaning, decontamination, processing, sterilization, packaging, distributing, storing and delivery of sterile goods, instruments, trays and equipment.
- Responsible for decontamination and cleaning of all equipment and instrumentation; ensures cleanliness and sterility of all instruments.
- Evaluates functioning of equipment; reports malfunction of equipment and instrumentation and follows through to insure appropriate repairs are complete and maintenance performed.
- Accurately assembles instruments sets based on established count sheets; effectively uses materials and supplies to assemble instrument sets and minimize waste.
- Appropriately prepares and packages single instrument items.
- Differentiates items that require steam versus gas sterilization.
- Stores, delivers, and manages sterile supplies using aseptic technique.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment and work habits.
- Establishes appropriate priority to multiple demands and requests.
- Uses equipment and instrumentation properly to prevent damage.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing treatment rooms after each use.
Qualifications and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Physically capable of transporting supplies and equipment
- Must have basic computer skills and keyboard training.
Physically capable of standing for 12 hours to fulfill job responsibilities. Good visual acuity, accurate color vision. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape. Ability to lift 25-pound instrument trays. Ability to push heavy equipment, on wheels. Ability to speak and hear.
Risas Dental and Braces offers a comprehensive benefits package including 12-hour shifts, health and wellness benefits with FREE dental services, 401(k) with employer match, and many other ancillary benefits. The working environment is fun, fast paced, challenging, and rewarding with opportunities for professional development and career advancement. Join us in this work. Begin a career that is full of meaning and value.
Risas Dental and Braces Location:
1979 West Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85746