Risas Dental and Braces was founded on the principle that proper oral health and treatment is essential to overall health, which is put to action by offering accessible, affordable, convenient, and bilingual dental care. Unlike many healthcare options, our goal is to think and speak a language that patients understand. The result is happier, healthier Patients, and better opportunities for our doctors and team members.
We are seeking a self-starting and motivated Legal Assistant to administratively support our attorney. This position requires a responsible, well-organized person that possesses excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to independently handle their workload. Experience in both the legal and medical field are preferred as responsibilities will include handling medical records requests, understanding familiarity with government regulations for healthcare, insurance claim management, corporate records, lease tracking, contract and document management.
* Demonstrates partnership in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
* Ensures confidentiality of member information.
* Prepares legal correspondence.
* Conducts reviews of filings for grammar and spelling errors.
* Working knowledge of state and federal civil procedural rules.
* Gathers all documents and organizes them.
* Coordinates law office activities such as subpoena delivery.
* Establishes and maintains case files.
* Faxes, Scans and Manages complex filing system.
* E-filing and hard filing of documents.
Job Requirements and Competencies:
* Strong analytical, discovery and critical thinking skills along with attention to detail and accuracy
* Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand
* Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications
* Experience with Docusign
* Very organized, with high attention to detail
* Reliable transportation
* Trustworthy, exercising confidentiality in all situations
* Dedication and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks
* Minimum of High School or GED equivalent required
* 2-3 years of experience preferred
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Risas Dental and Braces offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits with FREE dental services, 401(k) with employer match, and many other ancillary benefits. Risas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. The working environment is fun, dynamic, challenging, and rewarding with opportunities for professional development and career advancement. Join us in this work. Begin a career that is full of meaning and value.
Pay: up to $50,000/year
40000.0000 To 50000.0000 (USD) Hourly
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1342